Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Day 2 (1/17/12)

Update: So I'm feeling much better today, no where as sick as I was the day before, only problem is my sinus' are PLUGGED UP!,my ears are constantly popping, main reason I didn't go to the gym today also because I wasn't particularly feeling a lower body workout since thats the only workout I can do, but definitely Ill do some cardio tomorrow morning along with lifting on break from work.

Alright today is a birthday dinner night, thankfully we have already celebrated it with a large feast of pesto pasta (2 lbs) teriyaki chicken (1 lb) marinaded steak (1 lbs) and shrimp (2 lbs), and finished it off with 2 large pumpkin rolls home made. I ended up eating a good quarter lb of pasta, 1 chicken breast, 2-3 steak cuts, at least 30-35 shrimps, and 1/4 of one pumpkin roll, suffice to say i was stuffed. Sorry for going off on a tangent I had to relive that moment, I'm not necessarily hungry but I want other foods! Anyways luckily we have celebrated prior to today, however, we (being karla and myself) decided to make a cheesecake for tonight, so we went shopping for all the non fat ingredients we could get our hands on, some zero calorie sweetener and some protein powder, then while she was at work I created this filling that was large enough to fill two decent sized pie trays. (in the oven as we speak) I have yet to calculate the calories of this monster for two reasons, 1. i just finished making it, and 2. because I'm afraid of how many slices i can or can't have. Don't worry I will post pictures and macronutrient breakdown by nights end.

Anyways as for today I have had more food than I did by this time yesterday. So far;
2 scoops of 10 grams of BCAA's
2000 IU's of Vitamin D (cause I'm sick ill take half dose now, and half with dinner)
5 grams of fish oil pills EPA/DHA
2 scoop of whey protein (48 grams protein)
2 cups of coffee no cream
1/4 zero calories red powerade (so awesome)

So far I have yet to run into the problems i did last time I tried this diet, however I was exercising last time and eating a lot more lean turkey and ham so I was struggling to gobble (pardon the pun) down that much protein. So far it has been far easier to only eat 200ish grams as opposed to the 300ish grams. Due to my background of fasting usually 16 hours a day, more towards 20-24 hrs lately due to the holidays, it has been relatively easy for me in hunger sense, my body is only trained to eat once maybe twice a day so when I'm eating before then it fills me up quickly however, Im still feeling the clear headedness I would if i were fasting, I contribute this to the lack of carbs in my meal. So tonight has yet to be decided on and will depend on the macro's of the cheesecake. As for now Im going to take a nice break with my new addiction, Skyrim. I will update later with some details of the cake and some nerdy science stuff for those of you who actually care about that, other than me.


Update: Alright so cakes done turned out pretty good considering the lack of calories and carbs and fat. Also turns out we are going out for dinner and to the fattest and carbiest places, OLIVE GARDEN. No, this does mean the end of the diet or going off the bandwagon, however it does mean bending the rules a touch, and doing a little footwork into what foods are there. I did a little homework and looks like the lowest carb entree is the grilled herb salmon, however it does have 20+ grams of fat however its rich in EPA/DHA so i consider it more as a supplement. How i started the footwork was go to the site of the restaurant, opened all the tabs are first looked at carbs, since this is a low carb diet your body depletes the carb stores and the water it is stored with, so thats the reason there is an initial drop in weight on no carb or low carb diets. If i were to consume carbs now i would gain the weight i lost back in a single night. Next after I found the lowest carb entrees I looked at the lowest fat entrees from the low carb entrees I wrote down. And voila I found the best meal on the site, now at the restaurant there are also things you can do, in this instance it is brushed with herbs and olive oil so I could politely ask the waiter to have it only seasoned instead of also being brushed with olive oil. And that is how to avoid extra calories.

I have been forgetting to take weight right in the morning and will start tomorrow.

Today weighed : 171 mid afternoon after some protein shake and food.

No comments:

Post a Comment