Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday 1/23/2012

Well last night was a very thorough loading of carbs if I do say so myself. Had about 6 breadsticks, 4 servings of salad, and a serving a chicken parmigiana from olive garden. Then got home had about 3 pieces of some coffee cake Karla and I made from scratch then 2 pieces of another creation we found online 'tres leches' cake or how the iPhone constantly likes to call it 'tres leeches', admittedly the first sounds a bit more appetizing. 

Now we get to today, as of the last day of my diet my body fat was down to about 7% give or take .5%. So this week I will be taking fat loss much slower and by means of a different diet. The calories of said diet will be much higher and it will included higher amount of fat, and I will be ensuring the absorption of the fat soluble vitamins that the previous diet had neglected to absorb. (Vitamins A, D, E, K.)

This new diet is very similar however, the protein requirement is lowered due to the fact that the calories are higher, lowering the threshold of necessity for protein. It will be adding fat back into the diet, I would give you guys a percentage estimate on fat in the diet, but what good would that do? Does anyone really see the benefit of that? Especially for me I see things quite differently, first off math isn't necessarily my strong suit, even though I took calculus in high school, I didn't quite grasp much of it. When looking at a diet and a dieter, I look at how much fat they have, how much they weigh, and how many calories they will need to consume or not consume in order to see a beneficial amount of weight loss (beneficial in the sense of psychologically pleasing and motivating and beneficial for health markers). 

Anyways, back to the diet. For the protein instead of being 2 grams/ lbs of lean body mass. We will be going for 1 gram / lbs of LBM. Thus reducing the amount of protein greatly. Which for me is somewhere around 160-165 grams. So if we look at that for the protein that would come out to be 640-660 calories. So for me I roughly weight 170-175 so well say I roughly burn through 1700-1750 calories per day. So that will be the upper limit of what I can eat, now On a day I don't go to the gym I would suggest for myself to eat no more than 1300-1400 calories, but on a gym day I would eat 1500-1600 calories. This allows for weight loss but isn't too low where my body would feel lethargic and not be able to recover from the workout. So how am I going to reach that calorie limit, BY ADDING FAT! (few sticks of butter here and there). Ok maybe not sticks of butter, don't we wish. This allows for me to enjoy fattier cuts of meat, some peanut butter, nuts, and butter on whatever I so choose. However, I will not be consuming carbs for the same reason described in the primer on the previous diet.

Exercise portion of this diet will be miserable and completely and utterly painful (not for the unmotivated lazy people) It will consist of 6 sets on each body part. Each set will be a timed set meaning you will perform the set for time not a number of reps. Bring some motivating music or picture of what you want to look like for motivation to the gym so you don't quit halfway through, because trust me you will not want to do more than 3 sets of this if that. This will be a full body day for 2 days in a row. For the crazy wanting to torture themselves you can do 12 sets in one day and be done with it. But plan for at least two days. What i tend to do is do 2 workouts in one day and 2 the nexts. So i can do 3 sets first gym session and 3 the next or more the first and whatever I didn't do first. 
Now the reason we do this type of torture is to deplete the carbs out of our muscles, aka depletion training. What this does is voids the body of most carbs, which sends signals to the brain, which sends signals everywhere else, to switch over to more fat oxidation due to the lack of carbs. Thus, increasing fat oxidation on a global scale. For the more vain people as the week goes on you will start to see your muscles deflate and you will absolutely hate how you look, but you must have faith and continue on. This is getting kinda long, so ill update a little later on how the diet is going and any workout I may complete and then Ill finish the diet details tomorrow.

Diet Summary;
1. Protein
2. Fat
3. No Carbs
4. Low Calories

Exercise Summary;
1. It sucks
2. 6 sets
3. 30-60 seconds each set (the more the better)
4. Full body
5.For two days

No comments:

Post a Comment