Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 3 (1/18/12

Alright so today is Day 3 and im actually feeling amazing. So besides getting up at 4:15 today, I have scheduled a physical for January 31st, its probably time Ive had some type of actual dr visit other than for a persistent swollen inguinal lymph node. So today was the first day I did some exercise i did about 30 minutes of inclined walking at 3 mph at 15% grade roughly a 140-150 (due to stimulant use). I felt I needed to do some type of exercise after yesterdays meal at Olive Garden and the homemade cheesecake which turned out to have macros of:
12 grams of fat
132 grams of carbs
100 grams of Protein
it would have been
6 fat
32 carb
and 92 protein if I hadnt used graham crackers for the crust but live and learn.

Turns out it was a success for the other that ate some, I seemed to be the only one displeased with the results, which may be from a phenomenon I have just recently discovered. It has to do with cooking and you being the chef, as you are cooking or atleast for me, I dont really stick to recipes but adjust them to how I would like them to taste, so as im going for a certain taste, if it turns out a little different than what I had hoped for its not very appetising. For now we'll call that Chef Taste Phenomenon (CTP).

Anyways back to the diet, last night I consumed about a 1/4 of the cheesecake so thats 3 grams of fat and 30 some odd carbs more than i should have consumed, hence why I did some morning cardio. However, later on break I will be doing some depletion type resistance training to get rid of the stored carbs in the muscles to help increase beta oxidation (fat burning). In addition today I used a preworkout supplement:
1.-10mg of Yohimbine HCl
2.-1g L-Tyrosine
3.-Half a no carb monster

1. Yohimbine is categorized as a stimulant however, doesnt work quite like one. Yohimbine is an alpha receptor inhibitor (i may be getting a little confused whether its alpha or beta but ill double check at home) and what that does is it inhibits the (parasympathetic nervous system- again not sure if its sympathetic or para getting my thoughts jumbled) which can cause the heart rate to be elevated (hence why its considered a stimulant) The reason I use it is because it increases blood flow to the "stubborn" fat areas, which on males is typically lower abs, and lower back. It basically mimics what a low carb diet would, so being on a low carb diet and using yohimbine in concert would create even better blood flow to those areas.

2. L-tyrosine is the amino acid that is majorly responsible for the creation of catecholamines aka adrenaline aka epinephrine also the nor counter parts (secreted locally rather than from the gland itself). Supplementation has been noted to create a larger release of such chemicals allowing for a greater lipolytic (or fat burning) effect.

3. Lo-carb monster contains stimulants such as caffeine and green tea extract, basically just caffeine to help synergize with the other two supplements to further help fat mobilization and oxidation.

Thats it for now, Ill have a further update of what Ill eat and what I do for exercise. Hope that was enough nerdy sciency stuff for you guys, maybe a little much for today but I had to make up for yesterday. Enjoy!

                                                                   The workout:


Update: Dinner is going to be 2 hard boiled eggs minus the yolk and 2 scoops of whey protein. Not the tastiest but have nothing at home to eat and not really motivated to go out shop, then come home and cook. Laziness can sometimes be beneficial during dieting. I come from the less is more mindset, hence eating less and doing less exercise to get the results I want to see. However, being too lazy can get you into trouble as well, So be mindful you don't always need to over exert yourself but don't fall to being overly lazy either.

No comments:

Post a Comment